Remote Blogging
Yes, I do realize it has been a while since last I visited blogger.com to speak my mind. Some of you have even publicly complained. That's fine, I recognize that I don't have that much interesting to say. Really, I don't.
However I thought I should share that we are in Raleigh for the first time since the big move back to Ohio. We arrived at 11ish on Friday, in time for Abigail, Em, Tom & Linda to get to Mitch's for the USA women's hockey game. After dropping them off I was off to BuildLinks to meet up with Bill, Ken, Andre, Mr. Williamson, and some new BuildLinks faces. Lunch was certainly enjoyable. Most of us enjoyed some smoked hog, which couldn't have been better. Many in Columbus think that they know smoked pork, but there is something about smoked pig in NC that is something special.
Saturday we didn't do all that much. Went to a middle eastern restaurant for lunch, and didn't do much for dinner. Mostly just enjoyed the day.
Sunday was a bit like a home coming for Abigail and I. We went back to the church we belonged to here in Raleigh. The 8:30 service was everything we remembered it to be, mostly old hymns and solid preaching. I'll take that every time. After service we caught lunch with some very good friends of ours and sat and talked with them for nearly two hours.
Monday we're heading home, of course stopping in Winston-Salem to watch the USA girls hockey team play for the Bronze.
All in all, most of Raleigh hasn't changed all that much, and some things have changed quite a bit. Still a fantastic city to visit and be near..
However I thought I should share that we are in Raleigh for the first time since the big move back to Ohio. We arrived at 11ish on Friday, in time for Abigail, Em, Tom & Linda to get to Mitch's for the USA women's hockey game. After dropping them off I was off to BuildLinks to meet up with Bill, Ken, Andre, Mr. Williamson, and some new BuildLinks faces. Lunch was certainly enjoyable. Most of us enjoyed some smoked hog, which couldn't have been better. Many in Columbus think that they know smoked pork, but there is something about smoked pig in NC that is something special.
Saturday we didn't do all that much. Went to a middle eastern restaurant for lunch, and didn't do much for dinner. Mostly just enjoyed the day.
Sunday was a bit like a home coming for Abigail and I. We went back to the church we belonged to here in Raleigh. The 8:30 service was everything we remembered it to be, mostly old hymns and solid preaching. I'll take that every time. After service we caught lunch with some very good friends of ours and sat and talked with them for nearly two hours.
Monday we're heading home, of course stopping in Winston-Salem to watch the USA girls hockey team play for the Bronze.
All in all, most of Raleigh hasn't changed all that much, and some things have changed quite a bit. Still a fantastic city to visit and be near..

2 Comments:
Welcome back!
By
Anonymous, at 2/19/2006 10:55:00 PM
Move back!
By
Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 09:13:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home