Misc updates

Life has been a bit nuts lately. Emily was in this past weekend, I made a Turkey breast for a little Zechman family shin-dig. Turned out pretty well, something that I'm sure I'll do again. No dark meat less grease, still had plenty of drippings to make gravey, turned out very nice.
Abigail this week is inspecting the Jeremiah Morrow bridge in Lebanon Ohio. This is the first bridge she'll be climbing on. I talked with her tonight and the climbing wasn't too bad today, but she expects to be sore in the morning.
Before she left on I made Chicken Paprikas (pronounced 'popper-kosh', not Prapi-cash Emily). What a fantastic meal, if you haven't had the opportunity to have this dish find someone who knows how to make it, or a good restaurant and order it. Fantastic, fully flavored dish. I need to learn how to make homemade noodles next time. Wide egg noodles do the trick, but home made noodles might just make the most unbelievable meal ever.
I may make some more this weekend, particularly if I have time to try a homemade noodle/dumpling bit. Holy cow, I need to try it.
Other than that, it has just been work filling the gaps, hopefully however that will start slowing down by the end of this week. I sure hope...

1 Comments:
Yo Brett, wassup man!
I just spotted you today! Read your blog about beating us all suckers in the blogging and had to laugh.. expected that one from you.
We've got lots of catching up to do.. Guess who owns a mac?!!
By
Patrick, at 1/13/2006 02:47:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home