./lifeupdate

Friday, September 09, 2005

Dead to me

A former colleague of mine is decidedly disappointed in blog. You may ask yourself, 'dear lord how can this be?'. I'll tell you how, and it is something that I struggled with when starting this blog. In geek communities you're considered fancy if you have your own domain name. You're considered really fancy if you have a cool domain name. Neither of these do I own. And I'm far to cheap to paying for a domain name yet. I do realize that I could probably get one for like $12/year, but you know what, it is one more thing that I have to worry about, one more bill one more something...

Further he was disappointed that I didn't write my own software as he did. Sadly I did not, there is too much already in the blog space to compete, no real reason to do it if I couldn't do it better is my thought..

However I do have to thank him, he does give me free webspace, so maybe someday I will own my own cool domain name and write my own software, but that day has not yet come..

1 Comments:

  • You call that a retaliation!!!! I thought for sure I'd be getting the smack down...infact I was expecting it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2005 04:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home