./lifeupdate

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Learning the RedHat way. Part II

Well, today was much better. We're certainly not pushing the envelope, but there was a decent amount of new material.

Topics discussed today:
  • ifcfg-eth* scripts.
  • Logical Volumes & Software Raids
  • KickStart installs
  • cron
  • The /proc filesystem, and the associated config file /etc/sysctl
  • CUPS configuration
  • Authentication techniques (mostly PAM config)
The last two bullets are kind of interesting, he went through PAM in some detail, then showed us the correct buttons to press when we wanted to use ldap or NIS in the gui. The teacher did the same thing with cups. I gotta believe the five people in that room are sharp enough to figure out how to fill out a gui. But then again, we did go through every screen of the install yesterday, so what do I know.

The class is going well so far. I'm not sure if it is getting more interesting, or I'm just lowering the bar of what keeps my attention these days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home