./lifeupdate

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Labor Day

"Labor Day" has certainly lived up to its meaning. On Friday night Olentangy had a home game we tailgated there along with a couple sets of friends of ours. Being a friend of a coach, and accompanying the coach's three year old means you always stay until the last play. Friday night was a long one, but very enjoyable.

Saturday we decided to tackle some projects. First on the agenda was sealing driveways. I helped seal Ab's sister's driveway, as well as my own. I now understand why you only want to seal a driveway once every two or three years. Not something you want to spend every Saturday doing. But as my father would say "ah, the joys of homeowner ship". I can hear him laughing at me now.

Today we got up and went to early Church. Church was good, as expected the pastor deviated from the prepared sermon, and spoke about the hurricane. Very moving. We got home and I started picking away at the garage. I decided I wanted to get the rest of the seams done. I had originally hoped to be painting this weekend. However this project has taken longer than I originally thought it would. I think after sanding, then re-mudding and sanding again I will call it finished, no matter what state it may be in.

Tomorrow, I start sanding. I'm going to put another cut on the ol' yard, and get it looking somewhat groomed before Kristin's birthday party tomorrow night which we are hosting.

So much for labor day weekend being a weekend of rest and relaxation...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home