VI Rules
Vim is the editor of choice for me. I've been through a few. Some better than others. However vim is something I settled on about 3 years ago, after frustration with other editors in the field. I was working on a beater laptop that was under powered and had little memory. A popular editor at the time was Jedit it lasted a month (see previous sentence for why I didn't stick with it). Further I wanted an editor that had a strong users group and full documentation. It had to work from windows, *nix and mac, and that included with a fancy display and without.. Finally, I'm not a point and click guy. If I can't get it done with keystrokes I figure it can't be done, so this editor had to work sans mouse. So I settled on vim.
All this leads me to a cartoon I've run across before...

A bit of dork humor, but I think it is hysterical every time I see it.
All this leads me to a cartoon I've run across before...

A bit of dork humor, but I think it is hysterical every time I see it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home