./lifeupdate

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Well well well, what do we have here?

New To blogging eh?
Blogging, so chic isn't it? Sadly I beat all you suckers (or as the kids put it succ0rz) to it. Five years ago I wrote a perl script called lifeupdate, this took I believe a max of 512 chars and published it to a web page. Granted, there were no atom/RSS feeds, in fact there was no ability to even archive. However it beat most everyone else to the punch. As long as my old buddy Johnny Tysko doesn't whack my ace account you should still be able to see it by going to my original lifeupdate page. Kind of funny to read that stuff now.. kindof makes me shed a tear for that craptastic little perl script that has now been replaced with all the glitz and glamour of web submissions.. ugh, enough of the nostalgia.

Why blog now?
It certainly isn't because of all my adoring fans. It is more because of my adoring wife. I think she gets tired of hearing me bark about randomness. So I figure if I can get it off my chest so to speak via blogging, then the less noise she'll have to wade through.

Further, I do have some people that I'm sure would find my thoughts entertaining..

What should we expect?
First off, don't expect eloquent text, I'd go somewhere else for that. You may get some thoughts on the following (in no particular order)
  • Family
  • Ohio (aka "The great white north" as wild bill calls it)
  • Religion
  • Social Values
  • Python
  • People's driving
You may say to yourself "Brett you sharp looking and sharp minded guy, won't you enlighten us with your political views as it is so popular to do in blogs today?" While I am easy on the eye, and mentally sharp as a freakin' tack, this blog is not here for me to spout off about politics. It may get sprinkled in every now and then, however it will be very sparse.

Without further ado I will stop this post and try to beautify this blog a little bit. Check back for more later, or for extra credit, don't check back..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home